For those that have not used it before, I want to introduce you to the eOne knowledge base. This KB gives all our partners and customers access to hundreds of articles that cover SmartList Builder, eXtender, Navigation List Builder and SmartConnect.
There are more than 180 SmartConnect articles that answer most of the questions that will come up during an implementation. All thanks goes to David Youngquist who is extremely diligent in taking our partners calls, and exposing the solutions via the KB for the benefit of all our other customers and partners. Used as a resource alongside the manual, it gives you a great way to troubleshoot any issues that arise or questions you might have during an implementation.
I am the first to admit that our search engine for the KB needs updating and we are in the process of doing this, but it still remains the best resource for troubleshooting. You can access the KB from our website
A couple of our most common questions that can be answered in the KB are shown below. I know all our consultants prefer self service and being self sufficient, so take a look here for your questions and you are likely to find the answer. If the answer is not there then please contact us at email@example.com or +1 888 319 3663 and you will likely see your questions posted to the KB shortly thereafter.
Running an integration, but nothing happens
Last Modified: 23 Oct 2008
When I run a SmartConnect map the progress screen comes up. It says integration complete but has not integrated any records.
This often happens when you have imported a map into SmartConnect. The destination database is not populated and you need to go an mark the database in which you would like this map to run.
On the main map screen, there is a GoTo box on the top right hand corner of the screen. Select companies from this menu and mark one or more GP companies in which you want to run this map.
Now run the map and the integration should run without any issues.
System Requirements for SmartConnect
Last Modified: 18 Mar 2009
What are the system requirements for SmartConnect?
The hardware and operating system requirements for SmartConnect are the same as the Microsoft requirements for Dynamics. So if your machines will successfully run Dynamics, you can run SmartConnect.
The following are additional requirements for SmartConnect
1. The client machines must have Microsoft.NET framework 3.0 or higher installed.
2. If they want to integrate with CRM, they MUST be on CRM 4.0
3. If they want to integrate with CRM, or use the Excel addin for SmartConnect, they need to have IIS installed on a server machine on the network. This machine will have a SmartConnect Web service installed on it.
4. If they are on Dynamics 9.0, they have to have at LEAST Service Pack 2 loaded. Any service pack above 2 is fine.
5. If they are on Dynamics 10.0 they can have any service pack loaded.
6. If they want to use Windows Vista, or Windows 2008 server, they need to be on Dynamics 10.0. The 9.0 SmartConnect product is not compatible with Vista or Windows 2008 at this time.