We have updated the Excel GL Template with a bunch of new features and tweaks based on feedback from our customers and partners and have come up with something I think you're really going to like. If you have been using the existing one up to this point then you will know what I'm talking about; if you haven't, take a look at the Excel Templates on our download page to get an idea of what I'm referring to.
The GL Template has been our most popular template to this point, so it made sense that it would be the first template to really receive an update on its core features.
The main changes are as follows:
- Amount of lines in the template are now configurable without coding
- Accounts can be looked up by number or description
- Reversing date can be entered for reversing transactions
- Whether or not archive copies are made when the template is submitted is configurable
- Re-design of the main sheet to always show the header fields when scrolling through the template
We also have many more minor adjustments and tweaks that have improved almost every part of the template in some way.
The new GL Template will be on our site free to download just like all of our other Excel templates. The only change now is due to the amount of effort that has gone into the coding, the vba section will now be locked down and won't be accessible. However, our services team will still be able to help customize the template as a service if changes or additions are needed for your environment.
Look for the new template to make its way to our site soon!